Singapore, August 9, 2022 — Asia Blockchain Association has unveiled the first batch of their leadership team (protem) at the Web3 Con. 2022 – the first Metaverse-themed conference on July 28th at Zouk Singapore, organised by Asia’s leading blockchain accelerator, AsiaTokenFund Group, and partners Morpheus Labs, Block Tides, AC Capital, and Reactify, all leading web3 players in Asia and the US.
Morpheus Labs is also the organizer for a hackathon which is being touted as the highlight feature of the Singapore Blockchain Week.
The conference has been a great success with prominent brands including Huawei, Binance, Chainalysis, Kucoin Labs, ChainUp, GEMS, Sleep Future, Anotoys Collectiverse, PLAYGROUND and hosts a stellar panel of judges and speakers from Hong Leong Finance, Sistic, Huawei Cloud, BANSEA, Phillip Capital and 5IRE.
To mark the occasion, the leadership of Asia Blockchain Association was announced at Web3 Con. The protem leadership appointment is part of a rigorous and comprehensive evaluation of capability and proven contribution by qualified individuals.
Panel Of Advisors:
– Mr. David Rhoades: Global Marketing Lead – Elevandi, Monetary Authority of Singapore
– Mr. Ivan Lew: Chief Executive Officer, Shaw Investment
Protem Board Members:
– Mr. Goh Seh Harn: Co-Founder and Investor – Trigger Capital
– Mr. Anthony Koh: Co-Founder – Trigger Capital
– Mr. Lim Soon Ying: Founder – Web3re Technologies
– Mr. Jay Koh: Founder – Singapore Blockchain Club
Commenting on the announcement, both panel advisors said:
“It’s great to see the big players, startups and fresh ideas all coming together to learn, share and celebrate blockchain. The future looks bright.”- David Rhoades
“I am honoured by the appointment as an advisor to the ABA. We are placed in a unique position to have our Asia office headquartered in Singapore, allowing us to expand into the region with ease, help and lead fellow Asian countries to better our lives, understand and forward the knowledge of Blockchain. I am from a family office and we mainly do brick and mortar businesses for our returns of investment. There are so many opportunities to help us better understand this business for our future investments.” – Mr. Ivan Lew
Another protem board member, Mr. Goh Seh Harn who chairs the Corporate Affairs function said, “ABA with its HQ in Singapore is set up to grow internationally with chapters from all over the world to provide its members with international access to regulators and private markets. It will become an essential platform for blockchain and web3 projects to scale.”
“Today marks the first step and a significant milestone for ABA. ABA belongs to both Web2 and Web3 exploring the Blockchain’s ecosystem to Create, Connect and Collaborate,” said Mr. Anthony Koh whose scope of work includes Membership and also Partnerships.
Mr. Lim Soon Ying, chair of Philanthropy remarked, “I am pleased to note that all quarters of the crypto and blockchain community have shown genuine interest in the idea of pushing the boundaries of how the blockchain and crypto community can come together for socially impactful causes and harness technology to enhance the speed, transparency and accountability whilst doing good.”
Additionally Mr. Jay Koh who is in charge of Events portfolio remarked, “ABA will help to connect intercountry to form a better ecosystem through different events that we are going to partner and support. Looking forward to this Asian blockchain growth.”
Other contributing personnel includes:
Founding Members :
– Mr. Mike Chiam : Lawyer – PD Legal LLC Advocates & Solicitors
– Mr. Travis Ye : Institutional Sales – Blockchain.com
– Mr. Kishor M : Founder and CEO – CrowdFundJunction
– Mr. Samuel Lee : Business Development & Sales, Investments, Advisory
– Mr. Ferris Francis : Co-Founder – Cryptobengz
– Dr. Manal Rifki : Research and Development Project Manager – MIMOS Berhad
– Ms. Arabella Kim : Digital Lead for Web3 DeFi NFT – Munich Reinsurance Group
– Mr. Marouen Zelleg : Strategic Director – ConsenSys
– Ms. Janet Lee : Chief Executive Officer – Venture Capital Network
Leading boutique Web3 and Blockchain PR agency yourPRstrategist has also announced support for the new Asia Blockchain Association and comes onboard as a strategic partner of the organization.
After the 1st batch protem leadership announcement, the 2nd batch will be announced in the last week of August. The team formation timeline is as follows:
– Nomination Window (July 28 – Sept 9)
– Voting Call (Sept 10-11)
– Result Announcement (Sept 12)
– Official Naming (Sept 26-27)
Asia Blockchain Association serves as an advocate of Web3 emerging technology. Since its inception in June, the association has achieved significant milestones:
– BLOCKCHAIN FEST on 2-3 June 2022, founding committee delivered keynote on Blockchain in Asia to officiate ABA presence
– OFFCHAIN social event sponsored by ChainUp and announced partnership with Singapore Blockchain Innovation Programme hosted by National University of Singapore on 9 June 2022
– In consultation with the association founding committee(s) and member(s), insights on recent market correction are quoted on STRAITS TIMES newspaper and digital media on 14 June 2022
– Facilitated MERCEDES BENZ BLOCKCHAIN DAY on 21 June 2022’s Women Empowerment Caption which featured aspiring S.H.E(s) thought leaders from Munich Reinsurance, Amber Group, TechStorm, TÜV SÜD Consultant, XT.com
– CRYPTO EXPO 22-23 June 2022 appearance at Bybit lounge. Curated 10 stellar speakers from United Overseas Bank Venture Management, IDEG, ConsenSys, Blockdaemon, Fireblocks, OSL, Walletton, Klaytn Foundation, Web3re Technologies, Tokenize Xchange, Crowd Fund Junction
– ASEAN CONFERENCE by BNB Chain (Formerly known as Binance Smart Chain) which took place last 24-25 June 2022 in Genting Highlands (Malaysia). Graced by Indonesia’s Vice Minister with tripartite collaboration discussion for Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia
In the month of July, Asia Blockchain Association announced during the OFFCHAIN SOCIAL event on 6 July 2022 the onboarding of ecosystem partner, Rubix Network, which just raised US$100M in the same week. The association also facilitated high profiled G2G closed-door discussion and public forum on 15 July 2022 in conjunction with TRESCON World Blockchain Summit, where the association hosted 3 ministers :
– H.E. TAN KIAT HOW
Singapore Senior Minister of State for Communications and Information, Senior Minister of State for National Development
– H.E. ALVIN TAN
Singapore Minister of State, Ministry of Trade and Industry , Ministry of Culture, Community and Youth, Board Of Director(s) , Monetary Authority of Singapore
– H.E. DR. JERRY SAMBUAGA
Indonesia Deputy Minister for Ministry of Trade, Head of North Sulawesi Gorontalo Golkar Party Central Executive Board and Deputy Secretary General of Central Leadership Council , Chairman of the Central Executive Board of the Indonesian Youth Reform Force
Asia Blockchain Association also organized the VIP Meet and Greet Session with Dr. Jerry Sambuaga, in conjunction with the World Blockchain Summit held at Marina Bay Sands Expo Singapore.
Upcoming events include its very first signature event – Asia Metaverse Festival on Asia Crypto Week (26 Sept – 2 Oct 2022) in conjunction with Token 2049 and Formula 1 Grand Prix in Singapore. The association is also proud to be supporting partner of the upcoming events:
1. Play To Earn Expo 10-13.8.22 (Thailand)
2. Coin Fest 25-26.8.22 (Indonesia)
3. Game On! 2022 8-9.9.22 (Hong Kong)
4. FIL-Singapore Web3 Summit 26-27.9.22 (Singapore)
The association was also a proud supporting partner of the recent FutureX Hackathon 2022 by NTUC Income, Amazon Web Services, Plug and Play APAC held from July 25-27, 2022 (Regional) and Crypto Philanthropy Focus Group with National Volunteer And Philanthropy Centre last July 29 2022 (https://cityofgood.sg/)
About Asia Blockchain Association:
Asia Blockchain Association aims to be a beacon and serve as an advocate for the Web3 space. Its roles include encouraging the general public to leverage blockchain, cryptocurrency, decentralized finance, emerging technologies and scalable technologies to accelerate digitalisation growth and industry transformation. It is headquartered in Singapore, serving the Asia and Pacific region with country specific chapter(s) and note(s) in a Decentralised Autonomous Organization (DAO) format.
Asia Blockchain Association is the bridge for inter-governmental programmes and inter-country communities where the platform synergizes cross-border initiatives to further promote the new economy. With the core principle of 3Cs – Create, Connect, Collaborate, the Association intends to serve as a useful forum for members to interact with a variety of stakeholders in order to seek advice and promote best practices in an open and transparent manner.
With a vision to increase innovation adoption, ABA aims to deepen industry knowledge and implement standards, thus further expanding a strong network in Asia’s digital economy as a whole.
During the founding stage (June-September 2022), contributors and supporters are greatly appreciated: https://tinyurl.com/3ta9uyzz
For more information, please visit:
Website : http://www.asiablockchainassociation.org
Social Media : https://www.linkedin.com/company/asiablockchainassociation
For media queries, please contact:
Secretariat | Asia Blockchain Association
Email : [email protected]
PR | yourPRstrategist.com
Email : [email protected]
This press release was published on Supremearticle.com
Permanent link to this press release here