Clinical trials are a fundamental requirement for evaluating the safety and efficacy of novel therapeutics; patient recruitment and retention are two major bottlenecks during the conduct of clinical studies and contribute to inconclusive results, additional costs and trial delays.
Roots Analysis has announced the addition of “Patient Recruitment and Retention Services Market (3rd Edition), 2022 – 2035” report to its list of offerings.
The recruitment of suitable clinical trial participants is often fraught with several challenges, including scientific and operational complexity, insufficient resources and expertise, issues related to data handling and increasingly stringent regulatory guidelines. As a result, outsourcing has become a popular operating model in this domain, as it enables reduction in costs, optimization of timelines and launch of respective offerings, as per planned timelines. In fact, several patient recruitment firms have begun adopting and implementing modern technical strategies, such as social media platforms, mobile applications, Electronic Health Records (EHRs) and Real-World Evidence (RWE) for patient enrolment.
Key Market Insights
More than 155 companies claim to offer patient recruitment and retention services, globally
Majority (70%) of the service providers offer patient retention services, as well as patient recruitment associated services. It is worth highlighting that more than 60% companies use social media as a patient outreach method, followed by those utilizing the approach of directly contacting individuals, leveraging proprietary patient databases and using traditional media (such as brochures, newspapers, TV and radio).
Around 40% of the partnership agreements were inked in the last three years
Majority of the agreements related to patient recruitment and retention were observed to be instances of service alliances, representing 49% of the total partnerships. Further, most of the intercontinental, as well as intracontinental deals have been inked by players based in North America.
By 2035, the demand for clinical trial participants is anticipated to reach 20.8 million
Currently, majority of the patients (32%) are likely to be enrolled in clinical trials conducted in North America, followed by patients enrolled in clinical trials conducted in Asia-Pacific (23%). Further, over 20% individuals are likely to be enrolled in clinical studies evaluating oncological therapeutics, by 2035.
North America and Europe are anticipated to capture more than 85% of the market share, by 2035
The market in Asia Pacific is likely to grow at a relatively faster pace (11%), in the long term. Currently, majority share (42%) of the overall patient recruitment and retention market is captured by Phase III clinical trials; this trend is unlikely to change in the foreseen future as well. Further, in 2035, around 44% of the market share is likely to be captured by patient recruitment services for trials focused on cardiovascular and oncological indications.
Key Questions Answered
- Who are the key players engaged in offering patient recruitment and retention services?
- What are the current opportunities within the patient recruitment and retention services market?
- What is the relative competitiveness of patient recruitment and retention service providers?
- What types of partnership models are commonly adopted by stakeholders in this industry?
- What is the overall demand of patients for recruitment in the ongoing clinical trials?
- What are the key challenges faced by patient recruitment and retention service providers?
- What are the key market trends and driving factors that are likely to impact this market?
- What is the current / likely future market size of patient recruitment and retention services market?
The financial opportunity within the patient recruitment and retention services market has been analyzed across the following segments:
- Patient Recruitment Step
- Trial Phase
- Phase I
- Phase II
- Phase III
- Phase IV
- Therapeutic Area
- Cardiovascular Disorders
- Oncological Disorders
- Infectious Diseases
- CNS Disorders
- Respiratory Disorders
- Hematological Disorders
- Dermatological Disorders
- Ophthalmic Disorders
- Key Geographical Regions
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East and North Africa
- Rest of the World
The report also features inputs from eminent industry stakeholders, according to whom, the continuously growing demand for patients and the increasing preference for outsourcing is likely to drive the growth of the overall patient recruitment and retention services market, in the foreseen future. The report includes detailed transcripts of discussions held with the following experts:
- Susan Fitzpatrick-Napier (Founder and Director, TrialWire)
- Kate Shaw (Chief Executive Officer and Founder) and Marco Lassandro (Marketing and Communications Manager, Innovative Trials)
- Simon Klaasen (Co-founder and Managing Director, Link2Trials)
- Stefan Mayer-Eggersmann (Chief Commercial Officer, Clariness)
- Ken Shore (Chief Commercial Officer, Continuum Clinical)
- Hagit Nof (Chief Operation Officer and Business Development Officer, nRollmed)
- Paul Ivsin (Ex-Managing Director, Seeker Health)
- Kasturi Lakhe (Inside Sales Specialist, EVERSANA)
The research includes profiles of the key players (listed below); each profile features a brief overview of the company, its financial performance (if available), recent developments and an informed future outlook.
- BBK Worldwide
- Continuum Clinical
- United BioSource (UBC)
- WCG ThreeWire
- Fidelis Research
- Ignite Data
- Innovative Trials
- Orphan Reach
- 3H Medi Solution
- Current Medical Information Center (CMIC)
About Roots Analysis
Roots Analysis is one of the fastest growing market research companies, sharing fresh and independent perspectives in the bio-pharmaceutical industry. The in-depth research, analysis and insights are driven by an experienced leadership team which has gained many years of significant experience in this sector.
+1 (415) 800 3415
+44 (122) 391 1091
This press release was published on Supremearticle.com
Permanent link to this press release here